Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hollywood Glamour

I swear, I wish I had thought of this when I was getting married. Although, when I was getting married, I didn't have quite the love of vintage that I do now. But anyway, if you love Old Hollywood glamour- get married in a theater. Take your photos at a theater. Host your reception at a theater. Do something at a theater!! Observe...

Now that's perfection, right? (Image credit goes to Cathy and David Photographers, check out this whole wedding because it's amazing). There's something about the old-style theaters that evokes magic in photos. The lights of the marquee, the plush red velvet seats, the ornate gold trim... it's so dramatic and glamourous! Observe again...

See what I mean!?! Theater = instant drama (you'll recognize this from my favorite wedding ever by Justin and Mary Marantz). And it doesn't have to be this big and crazy gorgeous. Any sort of theater with a stage and cool lighting, and a pretty lobby will do. Because I think it's not just about the backdrop here. Being in the theater makes you feel like a star. It puts you in a mood of classy elegance and makes you feel all fancy right? Okay, one more shot...

See, it doesn't even have to be for your wedding- it could be your engagement photos too (photo credit to Studio Foto, most dramaticly awesome engagement photo shoot ever). And if you're in the Western New York area- check out Shea's in downtown Buffalo. Obviously, it's perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment