Monday, February 21, 2011

Meet the Planner: Liane

As I talked about in this post, connecting with your wedding vendors on a personal level is important when you're going to spending a lot of time with them. So, I thought it would be good to let you all get a peek into our lives outside of the wedding world. And we'll start with me (Liane) since I do most of the blogging anyway. Julie says I'm the tech saavy one, and she's the artsy one- it's so true!
I'm 25 years old, and I've been married to my wonderful husband Eric for 4 and half years. Yes- I was a baby bride! ;) Getting married at 20 wasn't something I expected, but when you meet the perfect guy for you at age 17, and he's five years older and got his life together- well, it was hard to wait. And I've never regretted that decision- I still finished college and did all sorts of fun things, I just did them with Eric!
Speaking of getting married- I LOVED planning our wedding! But I suppose you probably assumed that right? Planning my own wedding in 2005/6 was my first foray into the wedding world in Western New York, and my mom and I had a blast. I did so much research and really thought out every decision that we made. I am a planner by nature (it's in my genes, ask my mom), and I love to be organized. So I went around with my trusty binder, pulling together all of the details that I wanted included in our big day. And I was so thrilled with the result. My favorite detail of our wedding day? The cake!!! I didn't want to cut it, I wanted to take it home and keep it. :) Here it is!
It was OVAL (for some reason I had to have it oval) with swiss dots, and that fondant made to look like draped fabric- oh I just loved it! And see our monogram up top? Eric designed that himself (he's a mechanical drafter/engineer) on AutoCAD and had it made at the shop where he works. I still have them- someday I swear I'll make a shadowbox with them or something!
So here we are, four and a half years later, and I'm planning weddings with Julie. I had started dabbling in wedding planning after numerous friends asked for help with their own plans, wanting things to be as organized and smooth as my own wedding! Then Julie and I were seated at the same table at a wedding two summers ago, got to talking, and decided to combine forces and plan weddings together.
Outside of the weddings, the other thing that consumes my life right now is being PREGNANT. :) Yes, we are expecting our first child in April- just two months from now! It's a little girl, and her name is Evelyn Clara. We are so excited to be adding to our family, and I will admit that while my daydreaming used to be mostly about gorgeous, no-budget weddings, it now shares space with baby nursery decor and meeting our little girl. In case you're curious, her nursery is ladybug-themed, red, black, and white. And also in case you're curious, here's me- pregnant.

Yes, not quite the same as that awesome headshot photo up top (props to Lindsay DeDario for our photos!), but what do you expect for 7 months pregnant? :) Eric takes a photo of me every week on Mondays, to document my growing belly. You can check them all out on my personal blog, The Baby Roy.

So, those are the highlights for now... stay tuned for more glimpses into the life of me, as well as some posts from my partner Julie- which I will have her write and then I'll post on the blog, because I'm the techy one. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment